Friday, January 16, 2009

Reflection on Beech sub-group collaboration

Deviding groups into sub-groups was meant to provide more comfortable room for more fruitful collaboration. However, I didn't see that we managed to get it through successfully. Some didn't show up at all and some others posted once or twice. I needed someone to work with especially that I had many questions to ask, but if we just have a look at the history of the postings that exists in our wiki page, we'd find out that some more committment and seriousness are needed. So, how can objectives be attained if we have never met? And how collaborative work could be done if we are all absent?
I waited for a long time and posted messages to the participants, but I didn't much feedback. I even sent private messages to their email boxes, but always in vain. That's why I sent a message to both Mr. Nick Kearney and Ms. Margarita Perez-Garcia asking for pzermission to work with Mr. Abdessalam Zouita. He's a person I know. In fact he's my friend and we live in the same city. We are in frequent contact with each other and I tought we could make it successful. At last, we've managed to do the activities together.
So, we decided to discover as many in-world educatinal places as we can and give a short description for each. We met each other in-world and discovered many places together. We exchaged ideas and benefited from eac other through sharing ideas and in-world problem solving experiences. Afterwards, our travel guide was made up of the places we discovered and got some information about.
Through participation and collaboration I personally managed to get alot of new things not only in the third section of module 1, but throughout all the activities of the muvenation course. If we had had chance to get the other participants involved, we would surely have learned more.
Another thing I'd like to mention is that the period of the holidays has brought some demotivation because it was too long. What do you think?

No comments: